Tuesday, 16 April 2013

In Loving Memory...


It was at 5.30 a.m. I picked up a message from Steve telling me Allison had passed away. 
It just seems like yesterday that I picked up my phone to hear hear Allison excited voice. "Hi, it's Allison Waldman in New York! I wanna write for the magazine you're starting about Barbra!" Thus a 29 year long friendship began.

Allison would travel to the UK twice (the second time on her honeymoon) and we met both times.

I know that the one thing Allison wanted was simply to meet Barbra. I told her it would happen - and on October 13 2012 it did. Allison passed away surrounded by her loving family as Barbra's music gently lulled her towards the light. She died happy.

It's a very emotional day. Thank you for all your messages. All About Barbra lost a team member today and I lost a friend.